As the snow melts, many are finding a lot of water coming into their homes – including mine. Neighbors on social media are posting their experiences of home and street flooding. Public works crews went around the city clearing snow drains and helping clear standing water on flooded streets. This has been a very tough winter for many of us! Crystal Public Works Director Mark Ray shared this FEMA cleanup document to help avoid mold and mildew with flooded basements.
We’ve had several fundraising events this past month, including Beyond the Yellow Ribbon (supporting local military members and families), Empty Bowls (funding local food shelves), Bowling for Leo (our new police K9), Cheers to Crystal (for Becker Park inclusive playground equipment) and Firefighters Fighting Hunger. Thanks to everyone who organized these successful events and supports our community!
Coming Soon to Crystal:
- North Clinic (former Chalet Liquors at 5109 36th) – anticipated opening late April – early May
- El Taco Riendo (in former Subway at 5101 36th) – anticipated opening mid-March
- U-Haul (converting the former Thriftway at 5717 West Broadway into storage)
- Ocean Cajun (sit-down restaurant in former Wendy’s at 5440 West Broadway)
- Theatre Elision Playhouse (former Mill End Fabrics at 6105 42nd) – anticipated opening mid-June
Look for a Target remodel inside and outside this year, too!
Summer is just around the corner, and Crystal Recreation invites you to their Incredible Summer Kickoff on Friday April 12 at 6:30 pm. Enjoy free activities – plus Pixar’s “Incredibles 2” movie. Concessions will be available for sale.