Summer is almost over and Autumn is coming – that was fast! Here are some updates and events to share:
Medication disposal box now at Crystal PD
A medication drop-box is in the lobby at the police station as we are officially recognized as a Medication drop-off facility. Anyone can come in and drop their unused medications (prescription, over-the-counter, or pet medications) in the box at any time. During non-business hours, you can contact call dispatch from the entrance lobby and someone will let you in.
Home Improvement Assistance Programs
Crystal homeowners may be eligible for a 20% home improvement grant which may be combined with a low interest loan for the other 80%. The city has contracted with Center for Energy and the Environment (CEE) to administer our local home improvement assistance programs. Visit CEE’s website or call 612-335-5884 for more information.
Take the Crystal Survey
The City of Crystal wants to know how you feel about your neighborhood – what it looks like, safety, street maintenance, snow removal and overall quality of services. Now through Sept. 30, 2019, residents can take the quick, 11-question survey (comment areas available). > Take the survey now.
City Newsletter – Fall edition
The Crystal Connection newsletter was delivered to homes last week. Read the latest about our community – including public safety, recycling, community events and more. > View it online
Congratulations to Crystal Frolics for a fun and successful event! This year, things were scaled down for the Welcome Park venue as Becker Park gets a makeover. Thanks to the Parks & Rec Commission for their help, along with sponsors, volunteers and organizations. A ribbon cutting was held opening night to celebrate the new super ball field at Welcome Park.
(Photo: Sun Post)
Tech Dump, Saturday, Sept. 14, 9:00am to Noon, Crystal Community Center. Recycle your old electronics. Many items are free, some have a small fee. Sponsored by the Crystal Environmental Quality Commission. Click the image below to enlarge for details.
Adventures at MAC Park , Sunday Sept. 15, 1-5:00pm: Experience rock climbing, a zip line, live animals, bug catching, geocaching and more. Free activities – drop in anytime. In partnership with the Three Rivers Park District. 6001 Regent Ave N (by the airport).
The Crystal Fall Recreation newsletter is here! > View online.